Tourism Draft Bill open for public comment - 12 August 2011
The National Department of Tourism has released the Tourism Draft Bill for public comment. The Bill provides for the continued existence of the South African Tourism Board and the establishment and publication of the National Tourism Sector Strategy.
The bill further provides for:
- The establishment of a national information and monitoring system for gathering and disseminating information for the management and development of the industry, including the monitoring and evaluation of the industry for decision making
- The establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive database of information on tourism businesses for purposes of planning and development
- The gazetting of norms and standards and to establish a Code of Conduct for different sectors within the industry
- The development and implementation of a national quality assurance and grading system
- The continued existence of the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) as a juristic person to implement the grading system