Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) 2020 Virtual Conference
13 October 2020
Date: Thursday 15 October
To register for the AAD Virtual Conference click here
The arrival of the coronavirus and its declaration as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) transformed the existence of most industries across the globe - including public gatherings and consequently, events. Following the deferment of AAD to 2022; and in an effort to continue providing valuable experiences to our patrons, supporters and guests; we are elated to be hosting The AAD Virtual Conference where an invigorating program will be driven by captains of industry and sector leaders.
The AAD Virtual Conference, although accessible to the public, will be industry focused and drive pertinent conversations around the realm of cybersecurity and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). As the rest of the world accelerates towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the aerospace and defence sector is increasingly challenged to lead the charge to this new frontier. The discussions secured for this conference will ensure that South Africa keeps abreast with this international conversation and continues to lead the debate and implementation of solutions on the continent.
Some of the themes that will be explored at this year’s virtual event include, but not limited to:
- The impact of the Fourth Industrial revolution on the defence industry – the requirements of combating threats of the
- Military strategy in the information age – the role of the aerospace and defence sector
- Reinventing an industrialized and legacy sector by adopting new technical, legal, psychological, and strategic skills to understand the new defence and warfare arena
- Humanitarian applications of unmanned aerial vehicles and case studies deployed in Africa
- Unmanned aerial vehicles for security and surveillance
- The make-up of the military personnel of the future and how we leapfrog to the beyond.